Published by Ryan Cooley
One of the most prominent roles in a person’s life can be that of a financial advisor who aims to know your goals and dreams and provide trusted counsel. It’s no surprise, then, that it can be incredibly overwhelming to find an advisor you trust and with whom you want to form a long-lasting relationship.
At Jacob William Advisory, we understand this significant and even intimidating process. Trusting someone with your hard-earned money is no arbitrary task. We feel honored to have built a successful business working with individuals, families, and businesses who have given us the opportunity to help them, and who trust us with their life savings.
We’re always looking to welcome clients with whom we think we would collaborate well. Yet many people may not realize that our business grows largely on referrals made by clients.
What Sets Us Apart
We’ve been fortunate to work with a wide range of clients who have referred their friends and family to us. We believe so many people have referred others to us for a few different reasons:
- Understandable education. Money doesn’t have to be complicated, and we believe that you deserve to understand what’s happening with your money. Have you ever met with a financial advisor and wound up baffled by industry jargon even though they were talking about your money, your life, and your future? At Jacob William Advisory, we believe clients should understand everything that is happening with their money; that advisors should be just as good at explaining investments as they are at making them. We give easy-to-understand answers in order to build a solid foundation of financial knowledge for our clients. It’s important to us that everyone understands what they’re investing in and why.
- Reliable communication. We prioritize open, clear, and regular communication, which we work hard to establish and maintain with our clients. We’re committed to keeping clients updated at every step, ensuring regularly scheduled meetings and remaining easily accessible. Once your plan is set in motion, you’ll determine how we communicate with you: phone, email, mailings, or in person. You’ll also gain anytime access to statements and performance reports through our portal, Client Experience Optimizer (C.E.O.). At Jacob Williams Advisory, you can expect proactive, transparent communications and unparalleled service.
- Objective advice. As an independent wealth management firm, there’s no corporate pressure to sell or recommend any particular type of investment or product to anyone. We combine deep industry knowledge, a vast network of specialized service, proven investment strategies, and a passion for serving so you can live your life by your design, not by corporate default. We cannot stress enough how important this is in a financial relationship. When your money and financial future is at stake, objective advice is absolutely critical to helping you reach a higher purpose for your finances and design a lasting legacy for your family.
- Total financial optimization. It’s our desire to see you thrive in every area of your finances. We help create a personalized, customized plan to cover everything from goal identification to plan development to investment strategy selection. Through our “Wealth Designed, Life Defined” process, we uncover your goals and needs and implement a customized strategy to help you achieve your version of true wealth.
- Strong relationships. We’re proud to work so closely with our clients and build long-lasting relationships. We maintain the highest level of integrity, so that people will feel comfortable to discuss the very personal and emotional topic of finances with us. Beyond what we show them in a graph or prospectus, we truly get to know our clients as individuals, taking the time to understand and learn what they want out of life. Only after taking a vested interest and an in-depth personal approach can we work to turn the numbers on the page into actual results. We’re proud to serve as a go-to resource and support system when our clients or someone they know has a question or faces a tough decision.
The People We Serve Best
Over the years, we’ve had the honor of serving a diverse range of clients, such as young families looking to get started, pre-retirees who are a few years out from retirement and want to narrow down their planning, and those currently retired and looking to optimize their financial strategy. Despite their differences in age and vocation, they all have worked hard for their wealth, have decided to take control of their financial future, and have a desire to optimize their finances so they can focus on doing what they love most. And we desire to help get them there.
Do You Know Someone Who Could Benefit From Our Services?
We formed our firm on the core value of “Do to others as you would have them do to you.” When you have questions about your portfolio or strategies, we’re here. When you experience a new milestone in life, we’re here. And if you have a friend or family member who has questions or needs unbiased advice—you guessed it—we’re here!
If you’re a client with Jacob William Advisory and you’ve enjoyed working with us, we hope you’ll refer a friend, colleague, or family member who may benefit from our services. For a no-obligation consultation, please forward this article to them or have them contact our office by calling 410-821-6724 or emailing [email protected] today.
Ryan Cooley is an associate Wealth Advisor at Jacob William Advisory, a wealth management firm whose sole mission is to serve their clients’ needs beyond their expectations. Ryan has a military background as a U.S. Army Infantryman, and he applies the values and character traits he learned through his experience to his role as a financial advisor. To this day, Ryan is passionate about veterans’ issues and holds a seat on the Advisory Board for Operation Second Chance and is a lifetime member of the Disabled American Veterans organization. Ryan obtained his bachelor’s degree in economics and his MBA from the University of Maryland. Outside of the office, Ryan enjoys spending time with his wife, Germaine, and their two wonderful children. He currently resides in Urbana, Maryland, and loves to fish, hunt, cook, watch Maryland Terrapin sports, and cheer his son and daughter on in all of their activities. To learn more about Ryan, connect with him on LinkedIn.